Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I just went over to the legendary John Loring site on the dating of Dunhill tins and got a notice that it is no longer there. I hope this is just a glitch because the loss of that website is a major loss. Loring also had several other classic pages on Dunhill that seem to be gone also.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Might be just a temporary thing - they may have lost their domain (but usually they can get it back). Oftentimes the party who runs it may not even be aware their site is down.
If someone knows their email address, might want to drop them a note.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I had taken a copy of sorts of the pages I wanted of this web site a few months back. so I am okay. But I am very glad to see this site is not lost for good.

jclson

Lurker
Apr 22, 2013
my father owned 3 domain names hosted by Active Web Hosting. www.LoringPage.com is still up and running. please refer to that URL for any of my late father's writing and collection.
as to KCGHost's remark of his family "not being particularly interested" -- my father left quite the legacy, and teaching his jockey son about Dunhill pipes wasn't something he was interested in. he'd rather enjoy watching me score a hat trick or drop 30pts than sit and teach me about pipes. i've read his various books from cover to cover various times, and as we all try to find our way through life in our 20s, picking up where my dad left off is not something i am prepared to do at this time.
i work as a web developer, so my father's web sites will never be down for good. at some point i may entirely re-write the site, but his Microsoft Front Page design is something he never wanted me to touch.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
@ jclson
welcome.gif
Hello Michael, and Welcome to the Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.