PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Any experience with these?
I was putting off painting base trim this morning and window shopping ebay. I saw this guy with a whole bunch of nice estates listed. And one totled "Lorenretti" caught my eye. Based on the photos of the stamp I'm pretty sure it's a Lorenzetti which in my brief research I've found to be a well thought of brand.
Anyway, I threw 20 bucks at it and won it for $16 and change and $3.250 shipping.
For less than $20 bucks I don't care too much if it's a Lorenzetti and even if it is it's not some kind of rare find steal or anything.
But I think I'll like the pipe for the price.
Any thoughts or Lorenzetti info?
Listing

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Jones I tried the link you attached but it didn’t show me anything on eBay. I don’t know much about Lorenzetti but from the ones I’ve seen on-line it sounds like you got a great deal.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Thanks Phil I didn't see the Cup O' Joes pipes. I did see the Briary has some.
I figured it to be a maybe $70 pipe new. Generally similar perhaps to a Savenelli or Stanwell.
I confirmed for sure that it is a Lorenzetti not Lorenretti. I found the same stamp and stem logo (man smoking a pipe) on pipehil.eu.
I'm pretty pleased actually. I think the pipe was worth maybe $25-35. Seems mid-level estates in good condition go for about 50-60% of retail on ebay. This one looked to be tip top. The others from the same estate (these were all from the same original owner) all seemed to be good older pipes in well kept condition.
So hopefully I got myself a good Italian smoker for a decent price. I Don't have an Italian in my modest herd. But I will buy a Savenllie at some point I'm sure.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
I bought three Lorenzetti pipes for everyday smoking. They are not top of the line by any means, but at about $35.00 each they do the job. They're easy to hold in your teeth. The bowl size is just right for the average smoke duration. It's easy to keep clean and I don't regret buying them. They all look the same. Nothing fancy. It goes with me in the truck and fits nicely in my pocket. I have my Nordings and Peterson's also. But, I save those for when I'm in the mood for a new blend to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.