PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As a science writer and communications person at an environmental health research institute for decades, I worked with a Native American scientist who specialized in studying the activity of nicotine in the brain. It's activity was elusive and complex, so it may indeed be a neuro-therapuedic in some cases. Interesting, your experience with it. Good for you to discover that. Sometimes we are our own best physicians.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Howdy! and welcome from Texas.

I just moved back here after living in the Santa Fe area for several years. Beautiful State!

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
I got a few grams from a neighbor a few days ago. It was a dry as dust, so I put a few leaves in a plastic jar with a few drops of water (wish I'd had some rum on hand), hydrated it to the perfect point, and fired it up. I was impressed. That stuff packs a nicotine punch!

It was whole leaf so I chopped it up a bit with scissors. As I said in my OP, I hope to plant and harvest my own and will likely look for some feedback on that here.
G'day and welcome from Oz.

The native tobacco leaf was used by the American Indians in rituals.
It was said to have a really strong nic-hit.
I'm surprised that you're able to smoke the stuff like any other tobacco blend.

I've recently started growing tobacco.
It's a bit of a steep learning curve - the growing is easy enough but drying and preparation is another matter.
Take a look here www.fairtradetobacco.com where experienced growers are most helpful.