PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
D&R Rimboché A.B., A.P., and SJ are very good Va/Pers, sold in 1lb bags, and made by Mark Ryan, who knows Perique like nobody else, especially as he's the primary supplier of Perique to the rest of the pipe tobacco industry.
Match Victorian is an excellent Va/Per. I like Luxury Bullseye Flake after it has a minimum of 4 years of aging, but it's not much of a Va/Per. 4Noggins Prairie Wind is good. HU Director's Cut is a very fine blend, which can be bought in bulk amounts from Germany. Samuel Gawith St. James flake can be bought in 250 gram amounts and is especially wonderful with 5 or more years of age on it.

Reactions: Country Bladesmith

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I’ll add one more rec for Sutliff Match Victoria (formerly Elizabethan Match). Not only is it a bulk that can be had for less than $30 per pound and is almost always available, its one my favorite ribbon cut VaPers on the market today at any price.

I’ve got 9 pounds jarred up and if it ever goes away I’ll feel like an idiot for not cellaring more.
I have eight pounds of it, and the next time there's a sale, I'll get a few more.

Reactions: tfdickson