Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
il_fullxfull.286577011.jpg

...minus the oxidation of course

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I always tell people to wait and the pipe will find you .I keep finding GBD and Amphoras too cheap to pass up . Yet have not found the perfect pipe . The perfect smoke but not the pipe . Drat still have PAD . :crazy:

deyro

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2011
Mick,

I see lots of pipes tat make me go wow, but for some reason that pipe makes me want to print that photo out as a centerfold.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
For me the perfect pipe depends on my mood. Sometimes my bent bulldog is the perfect pipe; sometimes it's my cob or my churchwarden. I like the variety.
I just cant seem to find the elusive pipe I'm looking for.

I know what you mean. When I look at new pipes, they all seem almost right.

Could it be that PAD is under control?!

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
MP31, like others here have noticed, the perfect pipe is just a pipe dream. I have had many perfect pipes. Until the next one came along.

That's how I ended up with so damn many pipes. When I fist started looking, I started thinking, now THIS one certainly will be my signature pipe. My looking is over. Over that is, until the next one caught my eye. And on and on.

But hell, that's part of the fun of it. Enjoy them all, as long as you can.

logandow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2011
Oregon
I've had a perfect pipe for years. It smokes well, fits my hand like a glove and smokes wonderful. It's a Dr. Grabow Grand Duke

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Half the pipes I own are bent bulldogs.
For whatever reason, that shape just sings to me.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I think this is pretty close to it (My Savinelli Zulu):
5997240363_f1e982683f.jpg

I also like variety and this is not my go to pipe but the shape and smokability of it is great.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
If I had money I didn't know what to do with ... that Ardor: Urano Fantasy Acorn with Silver pictured above would be mine.
OH YEAH, the topic ...
mp31guitar, you should look at this, or have another look if you've seen one before:
Pipe-Shape-Chart.jpg

I like freehands, rhodesians and bulldogs the most, myself. Don't like straight stems or full-bent pipes much. it's about being able to see the glow of the tobacco while clenching
I've got pipes that have large chambers for long smokes, and ones with smaller ones for shorter smokes.
Unless you've got the $$$ to support a major PAD habit, you should figure out which types suit your style first.
Hope this helps.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The never ending quest is what keeps the pipe makers in business, savor the hunt. What fun would it be if you actually found nirvanna? For myself, it will most likely be an old, crusty British estate. (current search: GBD 9242)

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
assaad: Interesting idea. I don't think the #53 was made in a Rosslare or a Royal Irish Rosslare (which is the one shown) finish. It would be an interesting search. Let me hunt for it a bit when I have a free minute. You can always send an email to Peterson themselves. They are most helpful. I've sent them several emails on my Pete hunts and I think they must be starting to get fed up with me ;-)
As far any straights in that series, all I've seen are the 106, 606, 87 and 606. I think I recall seeing a 107 once, but not any that are in the Canadian/Lovat style at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.