PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
Something that smokes like a freight train and will kick my ass.
Black House, and Ambassadors Blend are probably my two favorite blends. I was considering Jackknife Plug, but I'm not sure about it for some reason. I really like dry tobaccos with little to no additional flavorings. I've tried Nightcap but it doesn't really appeal to me. I really like a full bodied smoke that I don't have to draw too much on to get satisfaction.
To sum it up, I'm looking for something strong and dry.

tomdavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2011
Houston TX
If you are looking for a nic kick then Jack Knife Plug kicked my nic sensitive butt to the ground and kept on kicking. I will trade the tin minus one bowl for a VA/Oriental blend.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Esoterica Penzance was actually too strong for me. You'd probably like it.
it's what is commonly referred to as a "lat bomb" ... tons of latakia.
If you like strong smokey flavors, latakia (English/Balkan blends) is what I'd recommend.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
guitar - sounds like you are looking for a Latbomb with a kick? Try C&D's Bow Legged Bear - very well named. Or maybe Pirate Kake, Montford Point Marine and Da Vinci. Latakia itself has a strong flavor, especially when amplified by adroit blending with the right Orientals and Virginias, but it's relatively low on the nic. The blends I mention have burleys and dark fired to boost up the nic-kick.
hp

les

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I just smoked Pirate Kake for the first time this morning. I smoked two bowls back to back and it tasted like I got punched in the mouth. Awesome flavor and strength. You'll love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.