PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

That Guy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
I'm in Palm Bay Fl and having a hard time finding a local brick and mortar store that sells tinned tobacco. The only place I've found so far is the Pipe Den in Vero and honestly the selection is very little and prices are very high. Like 3 times higher than what you would pay online. Anyone know of a good smoke shop that stocks tinned and bulk tobacco around this area?

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
I'm in Palm Bay Fl and having a hard time finding a local brick and mortar store that sells tinned tobacco. The only place I've found so far is the Pipe Den in Vero and honestly the selection is very little and prices are very high. Like 3 times higher than what you would pay online. Anyone know of a good smoke shop that stocks tinned and bulk tobacco around this area?
Due to FL's tobacco taxes, I'd think that any local B&M you find will have pretty high prices on tins.

That Guy

Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
Due to FL's tobacco taxes, I'd think that any local B&M you find will have pretty high prices on tins.
I would like to support my local B&M store but Im not going to pay $45 for a tin of $12 tobacco and $7.50 an ounce for bulk. If that's the case I'll just stick to ordering online.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Florida has an 85% wholesale price on pipe tobacco. Zero percent on cigars. It killed almost every pipe shop but I think maybe getting in touch with tobaccopipes.com is a good idea.

Reactions: That Guy

That Guy

Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
Florida has an 85% wholesale price on pipe tobacco. Zero percent on cigars. It killed almost every pipe shop but I think maybe getting in touch with tobaccopipes.com is a good idea.
I buy alot from smokingpipes.com . Would of been nice to just have a B&M store to support. I've bought a couple of pipes and cigars from the store and will continue to do so but as far as pipe tobacco goes I'll have to stick to ordering online I guess.

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
Occasionally, when I'm in St Armand's, I'll stop into Bennington's just to check and see what they've got in stock. Although I never came across anything that was $45 a tin, the prices were high. I know the law is 85% of wholesale but I had been wondering if they were jacking up retail prices by that much. Certain SG tins I found at Bennington's were nearly 2x what I had seen them for in out-of-state B&Ms.

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
I think maybe getting in touch with tobaccopipes.com is a good idea.
For a while I had stopped ordering from tobaccopipes.com b/c they were hitting FL residents with those taxes. I recently placed an order through them because I noticed that they didn't adjust their prices once I logged in. I was curious what had changed......and now hoping nobody from that site is reading this on here! LOL