Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Just saw this one made by Martin Cermak on Facebook. Not cheap but not outrageous I'm sure.
Cermak Pipes
·
AVAILABLE! Squashed prince in black sandblasted finish and stabilized spalted birch on the shank. The stem is made from blue / gray / black SEM ebonite.
Dimensions: lenght: 156mm, height: 28mm, width: 44mm, drilling: 19x19mm, weight: 31grams.

65D6149F-23B6-45A6-B44C-9CA8E8C3ED40.png

Reactions: scloyd and AJL67
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
It might be off-topic at this point, but one thing I learned researching Savinelli's offerings is that they have a multitude of sizes. From biggest bowl to smallest: 315 EX -> 315 (KS) -> 313 -> Rossi 8313. The first one weighs more than twice as much as the last!

Zeno Marx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2022
Hi Mike

Reasonably priced has a wide range of possibilities, depending on what one considers reasonable.

I am going to assume you mean under $100.00. If that is correct I'd highly recommend a current production Kaywoodie in the Sabbiata ( sandblast ) finish. The internal "engineering" is spot on. Fit and finish is great. The definition on the blasts is excellent. All are fitted with a blue Lucite stem, which means ease of care. The stems are very comfortable and buttons not too tall and not too short.

They "break in" quickly and smoke wonderfully. This grade has an SRP of around $70.00 US. IMHO one of the best quality to price ratios on the market today.

Regards
Mike
Where can we see all the available Sabbiata shapes? A google search doesn't show much. Thanks.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Just sending this out there for some recommendations on a nice Prince shape, light-medium stain, maybe something different with the stem.

I certainly do not need a new pipe, but that shape has always drawn my eye.

Preferably new (don't seem to have the time to refresh estates anymore), but if it was a properly cleaned estate I'd look at it.

Anyone have some suggestions?
for a second I thought you posted this on the wrong web site. It's a pipe shape. Thought you were trying to muscle your way into a Royal Family.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Had Peterson 406 with military mounts. Nice little pipe, but chamber was too small for me. Gave to my son. He only smokes 15 min at a time and he can't finish the bowl at one sitting. Prefer 408. Not a prince shape, more like magnified prince shape that's shortened. Plenty of room. Some calls it Irish Prince.

Reactions: OverMountain