PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dusty

Lurker
Feb 21, 2012
I would like to buy a longchamp, now i know that they no longer make them so i am wondering what to look for?

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I don't understand the question. Go to ebay, search "longchamp". I just did and found dozens.
What am I missing?

dusty

Lurker
Feb 21, 2012
how can you see if there are cracks in the bowl or any other issues under the leather?

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
You can't... that's probably why they're not made anymore.
Look for an established seller with a good rating, and don't spend too much.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
There are several other companys that make leather wraprd pipes like Derby medico hell i think they all did at one time. or take a pipe to a leather shop and have them do it.

bassem

Might Stick Around
Nov 20, 2009
Jaysin is right. I have a Savinelli pipe that is leather wrapped under a German name "Etienne Aigner". Bought the pipe in 1980. A great smoker but will never know the quality of wood beneath the leather. Dunhill makes leather pipes but they are rather expensive.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I missed an opportunity to see a large Longchamp collection. Former MD Governor Marvin Mandel was a huge pipe enthusiast and always had a Longchamp in his hand. My wife met him a few weeks ago, and pipes came up. He is 92 and invited us to see his collection (takes a room in his mansion). But, he was put in a nursing home shortly there after and that opportunity is now probably gone. Dang.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
This Longchamp was my first pipe, purchased at the Navy Exchange, Marine Corps Air Station, New River, North Carolina in 1972. I paid $4.00 for it.
IMG_1454.jpg

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Semper Fi there Top. Nice to see another Marine on here. That you in the photo in Desert Storm round 1?

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Hey dhizzy! Absolutely! Simper Fidelis Marine! That's me in Kuwait in the first one, March 1991. My last Hoo-Raw before retirement. I took three cobs and a brier with me over there. I still have one of the cobs, the rest were destroyed. I got a block of meerschaum on the way over and carved my own pipe. I'll put a photo up later. Good to see Marines here also!

Status
Not open for further replies.