PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I've never bought bulk blends in large quantities. The most I've bought is 1lb quantities of any particular blend. With that said, I package all my bulks in half pint mason jars to facilitate the aging process. I guess you could package your bulk in vacuum sealed bags, but I'd recommend glass mason jars.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
That's what I do. Aromatics don't benefit from aging but sealing them up keeps them in good shape for the long term.

As far as bags vs jars, the bags take up less space and aren't breakable.

As far as air is concerned, I have some I placed in a jar for easy access and then forgot about. I couldn't tell any difference when I did remember it vs bag stored.

Reactions: edger and Ahi Ka

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Opinions regarding search function change time to time. Some folks don't mind repeating themselves. With the age, most already forgot they talked about the same subject this morning. If in doubt just ask. And I do suggest keeping your stash in toilet water tank every time this subject comes up.

• Haha
Reactions: rushx9

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The large plastic containers are good for 2 pounds of flake so your cut will be easy to get two pounds into it. I also have 5 pounders. I use this type because they have silicone gaskets which never fail. Plus they take up less space than hundreds of jars. I bought all mine at walmart and they were about 8 bucks for the 2 pounders and 14 for the 5 pounders.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
As to telling others to go search for the answer, it is against the etiquette of this forum.

If you can't be arsed to answer or provide an actual link, please just pass on posting.
Thanks much Mr Moderator for your offensive post. Don't make sarcastic assumptions about my willingness to help others. If you took the time to review my responses ,in general ,on this forum you would have known that.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
It seems you're overlooking the basic premise: We don't tell people to go google it. We answer the question, or pass.

Search features here have been off and on. Here's what seems to work:

Type in "pipesmagazine" and what you're searching for. Do not add ".com".

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
It seems you're overlooking the basic premise: We don't tell people to go google it. We answer the question, or pass.

Search features here have been off and on. Here's what seems to work:

Type in "pipesmagazine" and what you're searching for. Do not add ".com".
I'm not overlooking anything! Using the search feature was suggested by me as an available option in addition to forum members suggestions. You still assume I was asking the OP to refrain from asking his question AND for members NOT to answer his question. You are misunderstanding the spirit of the forum rules, in my opinion.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I'm not overlooking anything! Using the search feature was suggested by me as an available option in addition to forum members suggestions.
You're overlooking the practice and rule of the forum.
You still assume I was asking the OP to refrain from asking his question
Not in the slightest.
AND for members NOT to answer his question.
Not even close.
You are misunderstanding the spirit of the forum rules, in my opinion.
Well, this has gone on long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.