PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
What is long hair music? Like Willie Nelson?
I'm guessing Soup is a Meal (say that with affection, lol) is talking classical.

I spent the entire weekend listening to 70s compilation CDs and Southern Rock from just about any time, including the "CDB"! So lots of long hair!

Strangely, I'm at work watching a snowstorm and just happen to be listening to Bernstein's Final Concert which includes Beethoven's 7th -- I like the section that includes the haunting music that is the background for the "speech" at the end of the movie The King's Speech, so I'll fess up.

Long hair music is classic music not classic rock and roll or classic country music. It's more classic than those.
Like this kinda long hair?
classical-destinations-the-great-composers-series-1 Off the Fence

Oh, and I guess my answer is that I am not particularly fond of Classical music. I mean I like it for what it is, and I respect it, but I don't care anything in the world about listening to it. I find listening to it to be stressful, being forced to listen to it against my will makes it even more so. Damned doctors offices. However, I will say that I do prefer it to "praise music." I used to have a dentist who forced his clients to listen to praise music while he drilled on them. I actually got up and walked out when he refused to turn it off. I am a Christian, but just not the type that wants to be forced to listen to a poser sing, "Praise be, Praise be, Praise be" to a bunch of badly over produced electric guitars and a drum machine. Just jab an ice pick in my forehead, please.