PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Wow! That sounds horrible what you're going through. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Thankfully you have a wonderful wife and family to care for you through this illness...many are not so lucky.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
The reason for the post is to tell my friends in the forum to enjoy just the simple things of life.
Brother, how true! I was 10 weeks on an oxygen concentrator and only the last month been back at work only needing O2 when exerting, which of cause is very little. You will get there, faith is as important,if not more, then the medical side. Glad you wrote, please keep us abreast, prayers your way!!

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I have been very, very ill. The Covid virus gave me an auto-immune disease that had my body attacking itself. It was destroying the muscles and nerves in my body. I couldn't touch my nose or scratch my ear, roll over in bed, my legs have little strength and I have no range of motion in my arms. I lost 35 pounds in just over two months because the disease was taking everything away from me. I can't swallow properly yet because it effected the muscles in my throat. I now have a food tube in my stomach that I feed myself 5 times a day with a protein mix. It is going to be a long, hard road to recovery, but it should happen. The reason for the post is to tell my friends in the forum to enjoy just the simple things of life. I will never take for granted being able to wash my hair because I can't reach the top of my head. It will be nice to be able to put my clothes on without help. These are things we normally take for granted and don't even think about. I am blessed with a wonderful wife, family and friends. I include the forum as my never seen friends that I pray will never get anything like the hell I've gone through. Enjoy life. Don't quibble over little things. All that matters is the love of family and friends. Enjoy the simple pleasures of life. I will enjoy reading what my friends in the forum write about. Your are great people and I wish you all long, healthy lives
Just about a year ago right now, I was just getting back to work at the office after a solid month at home with it. Won't get into comparisons, reading your post makes me feel darn fortunate (and I would never want to go through anything like it again, and no idea how I would have coped with what you describe - you are strong!), but more concerned for you. I can't imagine what you've been through and you are lucky to be with us.

Wishing you all the best with recovery.

Peace and prayers!