PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
I was smoking some S. &. G 1792, when I ashed the bowl and with the ash the whole thing fell out in a coned piped shape still lit. I picked it up and dropped it back in the bowl continued my smoke. I didn't even dump it hard I just stirred the loose ash then lightly turned it upside down and wiggled the pipe. The draw was perfect, and was a great smoke the whole bowl I just never seen that before. Thought I would share. lol
IMG_20240219_000715217.jpg
A few minutes after I wrote this I was thinking and came back to edit it. I just finished a rustication on the pipe and I wonder if I got carnauba wax in the bowl and that's what happened.

Last edited:

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I love when that happens ! Usually on my larger bowl pipes. To me its an indication you packed correctly. After awhile you will learn to tap lighter and the tobacco cone will move up just a bit in the bowl creating an air chamber beneath so it will smoke completely with no dottle and dump clean. Nice job ! Enjoy the moment !

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
I love when that happens ! Usually on my larger bowl pipes. To me its an indication you packed correctly. After awhile you will learn to tap lighter and the tobacco cone will move up just a bit in the bowl creating an air chamber beneath so it will smoke completely with no dottle and dump clean. Nice job ! Enjoy the moment !
Now that you mention it, for a while now I haven't had much if any dottle.