PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

banjoner

Lurker
Jun 4, 2018
Hey folks!

I'm going to Boston in March (for the Seafood Show - anyone else going?) and planning my annual trip to LJ Peretti.

Last year they had some Esoterica and I was strapped for cash when I popped in so i couldn't go too wild. I got a tin of Dunbar and a 2oz bag of D-7485.

This year I am going down there empty-handed and I'm allowed to bring 7oz back to Canada duty free.

What are some favourite blends (non-aromatic or lightly aromatic) that you can recommend?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It might be worth a call to match up your favorite constituent tobaccos with their blends, or at least get their menu in mind, or this might be done at their web site. Recommendations are good, but may not align with your preferences, and you want this to be a big success. Sometimes staff can take your preferences and make a good recommendation.

Reactions: litup

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I agree with MSO. Peretti's has a pretty wide range of blends on hand so knowing what types of tobacco you like would help us (and you) narrow it down and provide a better recommendation.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
A second for Royal and Tashkent. Royal is very close to original Sobranie, very Oriental forward. Probably my favorite from Peretti. Tashkent is Latakia and Oriental only, and takes the incense like quality tobaccos like Durbar had, and amps it to 11. I rarely feel the urge for Latakia blends, but often get a specific hankering for Tashkent.

64alex

May 10, 2016
+1 for Tashkent and Cuban mixture.
The first if you like Oriental/Latakia and it is one of the few mixtures which does not have anything else from them.
The second while technically considered a Burley blend it is an excellent mixture of nearly any component baccy you might think.

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
British is one of the few English mixes I like, the blender recommended it to me after I told him I am mainly a VaPer smoker. That said #8 slice VaPerBur is really good, just have to dry it out. And his RCTR is a Red Virginia ribbon that I quite enjoyed as well.

drrock

Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Peretti’s Cuban Mixture and Tashkent are outstanding.
Park Square is well represented in my humble stash but I wonder if the Park Square I have is blended from McClelland tobaccos so I can’t speak for the current offering.
Peretti aromatics Blend No. 432 and Coffee Blend are absolutely delicious

Status
Not open for further replies.