PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
I am foremost a pipe smoker, mostly VA and VaBurs. I have been enjoying the Cuban cigars I came across, namely the H Upman Half Coronas and Montecristos. What are some non Cuban brands/sticks I should look to try? I do know I like milder cigars like the Davidoff Primeros and I also favor a Toscano from time to time. Thanks.

Reactions: JOHN72

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Fuente Don Carlos & Hemingway, AVO XO, Ashton Cabinet, La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet, La Aurora Preferidos Platinum/Cameroon, Para Tí, Santos de Miami, Macanudo Café.

If you want to spend a little more, Fuente Opus (needs some age to mellow out and open up), Fuente Angel's Share (ready to go off the truck), Fuente Don Arturo (if you like Opus), Casa Fuente (Opus with Meerapfel Cameroon wrapper), Davidoff Millennium, Davidoff Signature.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
If you like cuban cigars and you want to try something else non cuban, look at the Nostrano del Brenta cigars. They are grown in Northern Italy near Venice from seeds originally from Cuba which over centuries partially modified to the different climate. They look similar to Toscano and the taste is in between Cuban cigars and Toscano (closer to Cuban IMO)

Reactions: pianopuffer

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
If you like Davidoff, I can recommend the brand Psyko Seven. Although the brand name is a bit off-putting, they offer a great cigar. And those are made in the same factory as Davidoff.

Reactions: Frasermac

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
Just order Partagas serie d Nº 4 and Montecristo Tubos. If you don’t mind something a little rougher Sancho Panza Belicosos. Habanos are habanos, nothing quite like it, There are excellent cigars which are not habanos, but, if you like them, nothing will fit the bill.

Reactions: dcon and pantsBoots

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
Romeo y Julietta Wide Churchill for the win, best cigar there is. FACT.
So, how is the Cuban situation State side? I was under the impression that they are kind of a no go, or am I wrong?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Cigars from the Dominican Republic. Just kidding, but it happens that the good DR's I've smoked were better than the Cubans I've tried, just by chance I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.