PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Irondequoit is closer, although it's just as easy to "disappear" in certain parts of it as it is in the Bermuda Triangle.
-Jason
P.S.- In my mind, the jury's still out on the member in question. They could easily have a language barrier that is difficult to cross or you could be right that they are indeed a troll. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for now.
P.P.S.- Years ago a member came on asking what we use to sanitize our bowls. After the usual answers, they responded back that in China (where this member was posting from), they use garlic juice. It turns my stomach every time I think about it.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
My answer is the same every time this comes up. ZIPPO! Pls search for this before bringing this topic up again he said with tongue firmly placed in cheek! :nana:

May 31, 2012
I love the hell outta my Corona Old Boy.

I was skeptical at first due to cost, but it's turned out to be totally worth the investment,

built like a tank.
I kinda wanted a Pipemaster too, but didn't wanna get another expensive lighter, but one just kinda fell into my lap, it shows that with a little patience and diligent searching you can find a real good deal, although the seller said it was NIB it had obviously been used, but it's in great shape and works like a champ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Corona-Cigar-lighter-/261595615705?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=rOtaurHG%252FDuH%252BOYJ%252BUSWzZhH8mo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
On the oddball front,

somehow I came across a DLI Flintless tabletop lighter, I loved the ingenious design and it actually works pretty damn great...

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/anybody-here-ever-use-an-electromatch-to-light-their-pipe

:

:

I also have a Colibri Pipette table lighter that's okay, but not great --- it looks cool though.

GoTglZn.jpg

XLmgjOE.jpg

And, an old Sarome like this which has been great, I love the ergonomic design.

3KkhsKp.jpg

5mEk31V.jpg

M2IYyBM.jpg

iajaffe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2010
I highly recommend the Old Boy. I think the edge it has over the Peterson is the built in tamper. Recently I dropped and damaged my Old Boy and decided to try a Zippo with pipe insert. VERY impressed. No taste. Able to light the bottom of the bowl. Can handle drop after drop. And it's wind proof. I'm a happy smoker.

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
I rock with my Zippo, don't have a Old Boy but I would like to get one one day. Like iajaffe said the Zippos can take quite a few falls. I will either use my Zippo, matches while in my house, or the Dunhill I picked up at an antique store.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Oh no, he's gone! What the heck am I going to do with all these highly-rated Chinese lighters, now?

rbw64

Lurker
Sep 19, 2013
I do not know about How the Corona is made, but the Japanese hand make and assemble each piece of the Peterson. Lights every time, not some times but every time. A Bic....ha ha, lights some times, runs out of fuel in a couple days, toss it. Matches stink, suck up the Zippo High Octane..No thanks. I will stick with something that works. I have a drawer full of dead lighters, Including the Zippo butane.

Yea, you do not have to spend that much on a lighter but if you live to be 65+ you will spend a lot on junk lighters and matches, zippo fuel. Buy a lighter that works and is designed to work every time and be happy. How much do pipes cost? A corn cobb is a couple bucks, but a good pipe is a lifetime of pleasure. Get a lighter that is designed to last and last.

This is Peterson of Dublin not Peterson of Wally world.
It takes a lot of guts to be anonymous and post.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
"the Japanese hand make and assemble each piece of the Peterson."
Uh....doubt that. Got a cite?
I have a plethora of lighters: Old Boy's, Dunhill Rollalite and Rollagas, Zippos, several old swing-arm lighters. I can honestly say that the most reliable lighter is the Bic. It's not my favorite lighter, but it is the most reliable. it's the lighter that i use when the others stop working.
"It takes a lot of guts to be anonymous and post."

Mostly, it just takes getting booted from this forum. Once you get the axe, your name ceases to exist. Like Voldemort.
Oh, and congrats on your first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.