PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andre3s

Lurker
Dec 7, 2020
Chambly, QC
I use the Colibri Pacific Air pipe lighter. It is a good lighter. Not sure if it would work well under a strong winds conditions.

Most of the time I use a BIC. Other times I would use kitchen matches or a cheap Comoy’s lighter (Mostly when I am smoking a more expensive pipe). I have tried Zippo with pipe insert - Not a fan due to two reasons (1. It became black and sooty very soon 2. The flame temperature is colder than butane)

Inspired by @PipeIT ’s praise on Chinese goods, @mikethompson ’s utter ridicule of the same, and @jpmcwjr ’s eloquent narrative on Faux DuPont lighters, I placed an order on Ali Express to gain some first hand experience on faux DuPont, Ali Express Purchase and Chinese merchants. Will post later if the lighter meets my needs when it comes.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Most of the time I use a BIC. Other times I would use kitchen matches or a cheap Comoy’s lighter (Mostly when I am smoking a more expensive pipe). I have tried Zippo with pipe insert - Not a fan due to two reasons (1. It became black and sooty very soon 2. The flame temperature is colder than butane)

Inspired by @PipeIT ’s praise on Chinese goods, @mikethompson ’s utter ridicule of the same, and @jpmcwjr ’s eloquent narrative on Faux DuPont lighters, I placed an order on Ali Express to gain some first hand experience on faux DuPont, Ali Express Purchase and Chinese merchants. Will post later if the lighter meets my needs when it comes.
I’m happy with my FauxPont. I have had it for more than a year. I will probably order a couple more but, I am waiting for the pandemic to subside first.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii

Well not sure I was praising, at least happy about getting a decent pipe for free... LOL

As they say; ‘Your Mileage May Vary’ (YMMV)... ;)

I hope your mileage is good! :)

Reactions: cshubhra

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
After going through a bunch of lighters over the years, eventually landing on Corona PipeMasters, and having even these get finicky pretty quickly and fall out of favor, too, I've come full circle to back to Bic.
If its that windy outside, I'm lighting indoors before I go out!
My 1980’s vintage Pipemaster is still going strong, one repair event to replace gaskets in 40+ years

Reactions: coyja
Status
Not open for further replies.