PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I think I've won this one...lightest in the rack...coming in at 16 grams is the Savinelli I bought for Greta in Italy...and Peck- you are correct- it IS a Ladies pipe...I also checked- I have a bamboo stemmed pipe I made with a 5/8 bowl, but it's a heavy-weight at 24 grams...

316ovsw.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think different size and shape pipes are best for different length smokes and different leafs. The idea that really small

pipes are basically for women, or that huge pipes are manly is self-conscious and silly. A woman who wants a prolonged

smoke while she meditates deep thoughts, needs a big pipe just like any of her male pipe-smoker friends. If Mike Ditka

wants at ten minute smoke of some plug tobacco, a Group 1 might be the right play.

jkenp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
NW Indiana
1. Pipes that are less than 50g -----> These are called "Ladies' Pipes"
Oh heck, why not buy a bigger pipe for your rack. You look like you're ready to move up to a group 2.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Bradley, I've tried to guesstimate the capacity on that monster, based on a mans size large gloved hand. I'm guessing that pipe holds maybe 60 grams of tobacco, or just slightly more than a full tin! How close am I?

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
My lightest pipes are a 25g Yello-bole and 25g MM Pony Express. I no longer have the Peterson Calabash Smooth, but even though the specs show 27g, I think it was lighter be a few grams.

Status
Not open for further replies.