PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldguyoldpipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2019
I am really starting to like PS 403 Luxury Bullseye Flake. Especially in my small pipes. I sperate the coin in half and then rub it out into smaller strands and then smoke it in my smaller pipes. This is just enough for me to enjoy, but as I smoke it more and more, I am getting a licorice flavor or at least that is how I think it tastes? Anyone else know what I am experiencing?

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I smoked two bowls yesterday - no licorice flavor here. Perhaps your confusing the Cavendish/Perique as licorice, but then again again taste s subjective.

Anybody who smokes a particular tobacco isn’t going to have exactly the same experience as the next guy.

Now, if somebody could invent a flavoring agent that tasted like Finnish Salmiakki licorice when used to top tobacco, I’d be all over that...

Umberto

Lurker
Apr 11, 2020
Licorice should not be confused with the candy flavor. The liccorice notes I get out of Comoys Navy Flake are clearly there, I wish more so because I enjoy the flavor.

If you want to taste liccorice, then order some liccorice root slices and make a tea, then you'll know the true flavor. It's my understanding that liccorice root extracts are one of the more common flavoring agents in pipe tobacco, it's mentioned well on the Sutliff website.

You are more than likely tasting the liccorice root extract casing...

Status
Not open for further replies.