PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Here's what I'm smoking tonight. It's a Falcon Shillielagh fitted with a vintage "magnum" bowl from the 60s that I got from Kathy Worth's grandfathers warehouse stock. No O rings on this puppy, which means hand tightening is all.
IMAG1728-1-1-1-2.jpg

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Ok, nothing really new here other than the rough one was my grandfather's who died back in 1992. the smooth came in a batch of pipes from eBay. Now they're all cleaned up ready to go into the rotation.
falcon1_zps9c39bc6d.jpg

falcon2_zps0f2797c3.jpg

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
An International with cob bowl, a Shillelagh in the white with white stem and Meerschaum bowl and a black Shillelagh with black stem and Sea Rose carved briar bowl.

banjo
a1415d405ee42fd1922f46ad5c153e937e7383d.jpeg

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
foolwiththefez,

Doug G. Erwin sells them on his website http://www.dgehandmadepipes.com/store

banjo

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Most of these are from ssjones.

xE1tOLB.jpg

2wp0GQL.jpg

I also have a couple Dr Grabows an a couple Yello-Boles the same styles.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Love those Falcons. The only brand I know of that started in the U.S. and moved to England. Especially favor the helical stems, ooh-la-la. I've evaded Falcons because about a third of my briar(etc.) stable is made up of medium size work horse pipes that serve something like the same purpose ... and my not wanting to dive into a whole new PAD category. Same reason I don't venture into Meerschaums. But Falcons are snappy little pipes, and many enjoy them greatly. I think the possibility of doing each bowl custom to its owner is a real plus.

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
So, I had a trip to my B&M here and luckily found some falcon bowls. which is a rare thing in Egypt.. and after a long hesitation between the bulldog and the Algiers, I picked up The Algiers smooth with two grooves on it, which is super cool.. I am not sure it is a genuine Falcon, though it has the name Falcon, number 78 & a logo that's not so much the Falcon logo, but it's kinda more generic bird.. However, it is high quality, fit right in and smokes great. Keeping it for my English blends

UAbYhUD.jpg

kiwiazz74

Lurker
Jun 26, 2018
im looking for a copy of this book
"Back from the ashes, uncovering the lost history of G.L. Hunt and the falcon pipe"
if anyone has one they would part with. only available on kindle on amazon but i'm wanting a paper copy if i can get one.