PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Nothing goes with a pipe quite like man's best friend, right? Let's see your puffing partners.

This is Cucamonga, we think he's about two. He was owned by a guy in Maryland who ran a dog fighting ring and he was recovered from th e property. We don't think he ever fought, and was quite healthy all things considered when I got him. He's named after a Grateful Dead song and he can jump my height, and I'm a big guy.

View attachment 65414

And here he was as a puppy.

View attachment 65415

Cheers! Excited to see your four legged apprentices.

View attachment 65419

View attachment 65420
happy boys :)

Cucamonga95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2020
Northern VT
3LsbwL8.jpg
CuQZdB7.jpg
Oh, that's a heart stealer. Good for you.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
'splain me that second picture............ is that dog 1000 feet up in the air? on the wing of your airplane or something?............. Great looking hound and the kids look like they got a comfortable nest!!
As far as the picture...

And thats actually the same kid, just 1.5 years later, haha.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
As far as the picture...
Wow that's some beautiful scenery......... but that pic of your dog still looks a bit surreal.....

And thats actually the same kid, just 1.5 years later, haha.
Damn!.............. They grow quick don't they?.......... I've got 3 daughters 25, 23, and 20 years old......... man, i miss those days when they were little. Savor those moments friend, because they really are precious and fleeting.......... funny how quick the time passes........................ puffy

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Wow that's some beautiful scenery......... but that pic of your dog still looks a bit surreal.....

Damn!.............. They grow quick don't they?.......... I've got 3 daughters 25, 23, and 20 years old......... man, i miss those days when they were little. Savor those moments friend, because they really are precious and fleeting.......... funny how quick the time passes........................ puffy
Alaska is a surreal place ?

It’s insane how quick its gone already. From an immobile helpless potato to a walking talking adorable little sweet sensitive trouble demon in what seems like a day.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio

It’s insane how quick its gone already. From an immobile helpless potato to a walking talking adorable little sweet sensitive trouble demon in what seems like a day.
HA HA ......... been there and done it.......... enjoy the ride, friend............. you need a couple more to make the journey complete........... don't worry, it's worth every minute.......... good times.... ?

Cucamonga95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2020
Northern VT
My great Uncle was stationed in Alaska in the Air Force and retired there with a Cessna, a cabin, a basement distillery, and his prized possession, his life's work, an enormous salt water fish tank that he paid an even more enormous sum of money to have shipped every time he moved before and leading up to his retirement. I never met him but he was an extremely interesting character by all accounts.

Anywho, he was also a photography hobbyist and my father, his nephew, was left this fat manilla envelope filled with his photos, mostly taken through sliding flaps on the windows of the cockpit. They're all 8x10 or larger and it's some of the most beautiful terrain I've ever seen. There's this series of shots from above these seabirds, like albatrosses or something, looking down at the coast and the shots get progressively closer to the birds. They get dramatically closer to the lens, and it seems like he purposely slowed to a stall above these birds just to get the shot... but I digress!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
My great Uncle was stationed in Alaska in the Air Force and retired there with a Cessna, a cabin, a basement distillery, and his prized possession, his life's work, an enormous salt water fish tank that he paid an even more enormous sum of money to have shipped every time he moved before and leading up to his retirement. I never met him but he was an extremely interesting character by all accounts.

Anywho, he was also a photography hobbyist and my father, his nephew, was left this fat manilla envelope filled with his photos, mostly taken through sliding flaps on the windows of the cockpit. They're all 8x10 or larger and it's some of the most beautiful terrain I've ever seen. There's this series of shots from above these seabirds, like albatrosses or something, looking down at the coast and the shots get progressively closer to the birds. They get dramatically closer to the lens, and it seems like he purposely slowed to a stall above these birds just to get the shot... but I digress!
A typical Alaska story! Coincidentally, I also fly a Cessna (A185F). It’s a hell of a place to live that’s for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.