PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Good to know. I've been intrigued by the gourd calabashes for a while but have never pulled the trigger on one. It seems they are all either no name pipes, or refonkulously expensive. Plus (no offense) they just look silly as hell. Like something out of a Dr. Seuss book.

Jun 9, 2018
England
.Plus (no offense) they just look silly as hell. Like something out of a Dr. Seuss book.

Yeah I only smoke indoors so I've never really given much thought to it but you're probably right, they certainly have a distinct look thats for sure.
Chris

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
I see the OP's concession to his wife on pipe acquisition had a short half-life...ha! :puffpipe:
Some handsome pieces though; enjoy 'em!

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
I've seen some of those extra large Castellos, like jfred's for sale from time to time. I'm keen to know, if those are really meant to be smoked or if they are merely show and collectors' pieces?

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
These are like the pipe versions of a true "A" sized cigar. Maybe not the kind of thing for regular smoking, but nice to have as an option. I'm still trying to build out a small collection of regular smokers, but I could see myself having one in the future. No way I'm taking any kind of Dark Flake or Brown Twist challenge in one of those things, though 8O

jfred

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
I'm keen to know, if those are really meant to be smoked or if they are merely show and collectors' pieces?
I sure hope so, otherwise I'm doing it all wrong :D

Holy Cow Brad !
0A5BE134-CF85-4BF4-A6DF-1DE6850D5E20-9603-00001476AB16A7BB_zps3747b1f5.jpg

Chris :puffpipe:

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Chris@ Pipe Monk, I've always thought of those large Svendborg freehands as being pipes by Jens Tao Nielsen. Here is one I have,
svenborg1.jpg

svendborg3.jpg

svendborg2.jpg

:)

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Looks great AND smokes great. A favorite: :D
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/charatan-selected-undergraded-bent-dublin

loadclear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 13, 2017
pipe1.jpg

My weekend pipe, carved by our own Sasquatch. By far my favorite pipe in the rotation,

Status
Not open for further replies.