PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Got this little gem and the sleeve it is sitting on in the mail today. It was an eBay estate in near mint condition. The seller accepted $150 with free shipping so it was a steal IMHO. The pipe is a Castello KKK Vergen from the Carlo Scotti era and the pipe sock I ordered from Neil at Smokin' Holsters. The pipe sleeves are really top notch. I ordered a few in a variety of colors. I really like the double drawstrings on them. The socks are thick and this really helps to cinch them up nicely.
138812AD-E78E-42B3-8A61-D03E5A9A59BE-3681-00000318B14B80C2.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
chris, great looking Castello, that should be a great smoker. I like the natural finish. My next dublin is going to be with a natural finish.
tjameson, that is very pretty, nice looking grain and I like the plateau. Glad to hear it is smoking Escudo real good for you. Dublins are great for flakes in my opinion. Congrats on your new pipe.

colesradioactive

Might Stick Around
Apr 3, 2012
@bentmike- how old is your golden Danish Stanwell? I love the look of that pipe but I can't seem to find any similar to it.
Sharp Dublins everyone! I see a good number that I'd be proud to have in my collection!

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Some super classy pipes up there, for sure. I really like tjameson's Tsuge.
I got this Lorenzo for Christmas:
tumblr_mggxi0Eetw1qa8szvo1_500.jpg

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
@colesradioactive -I purchased the Stanwell new about 3 or 4 years ago. I think it may be one of the last Danish made pipes. Don't know for sure though. It's a great pipe it's one of my dedicated English blend smokers and the pipe I'm smoking in my profile pic. I hope you happen upon one like it sometime and I'm sure you'll be happy with it when you do.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Here's a sweet looking Claudio Cavicchi Smooth Bent Dublin. And its for sale! 8)

http://assets.smokingpipes.com/images/products-hr/002-400-1099.jpg

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Wow, great thread! The dublin is my favourite shape; love the Italian Cavicchi and Castello dublins!
A recent acquisition:
004-006-14960.jpg

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
These are two basket pipes that I just finished: one rusticated and painted, the other painted and waxed
IYC6YQG.jpg
fNXPXSK.jpg

These two I made by myself, but I don't know if they can be called Dublins
KDQ8xRR.jpg
jKXhgBm.jpg

beehive

Might Stick Around
Jan 4, 2017
Some really fantastic pipes here! Here is my basket pipe. Started off as a pretty terrible smoker but quickly improved, just wish the stem wasn't such a hard plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.