PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Wow - you sure can't take anything for granted. I greatly enjoyed spending time with Rad @ CORPS13, especially talking about ffishing. The Rads I have are about the best of the many chunks of briar I have in my racks, and I have been steadily lining up PADs to give them company.
The good news is with modern science and medicine, heart problems that used to be devastating are now much more controllable, so I look forward to Rad's getting better rapidly. If he goes to Chicago as scheduled, I might go (for the first time) and sacrifice my multi-decade pilgrimage to the Catskills for the Hendrickson hatch. These days I'm very conscious of spending time with the people you cherish whenever the opportunity arises. Not that trouts aren't cherished, but then trouts don't know tobacco and they sure as shooting can't create beautiful briars like Rad's.
hp

les

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Just now read about Rad. Take care of yourself. You are in my prayers. Your pipe is the best smoker I have every purchased, and I am saving for another now.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family for a speedy and complete recovery, Rad

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Just getting back from China, this is terrible news that Rad had a heart attack. Glad you are on the mend. Prayers and best wishes extended for a speedy recovery.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I had no idea this had happened. Luckily, as said previously, quad by passes usually restore the person to nearly perfect condition, with four new vessels to the heart-meaning its like getting a completely new start.
I know. I had a heart attack at 47 and had a quad bypass. Since he had very little damage, he should be back to work in 3 or so weeks, judging by my own personal experience.
Get well soon Rad

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
You better survive long enough for me to be able to afford one of your pipes, they just look awesome! Here's to a speedy recovery, when you can, make sure your exercising, I have a grandfather with a single working artery in his heart after a 5-way bypass, where all the arteries but one has since been clogged, be careful out there and be sure to smoke a pipe, no matter what the doc says!

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Rad, wishing you a speedy and relaxing recovery. You are well thought of on this forum. God-speed to you!

Aug 14, 2012
All the best to Rad. I hope he makes whatever adjustments are needed in his lifestyle for a long and happy life.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I hope all goes well for Rad during his healing and recovery. My dad passed away instantly from a heart attack so it is excellent that Rad could receive medical care and treatment quickly.

houndstooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2013
So sorry to hear this news today. I was fortunate to receive my first ever commissioned pipe from Rad, a blasted Zulu, just a short while before Christmas. Needless to say, it is a jewel of a pipe. I will email him tonight to thank him again for the lovely pipe and to ash him a speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.