PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
screenshot71.png
With yet another winter storm being forecast for Sunday into Monday, we'll have to keep an eye out and see how this might impact our (already postponed) January get-together this Monday evening. The forecasters are gun shy on this one, with indications that the whole shebang may run warmer, but with temps dropping fast after it passes. Which might mean some nasty icing. Then again, it could be like last week's "storm" that never really happened here at all.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not in that area, but I'd vote for postponement. Nothing worse than getting hit by a sleet storm or some other

nasty event on your way to a social gathering. These things aren't predictable. Sometimes they get them spot on,

and sometimes they are totally wrong. Being the veteran of an inland run by Hurricane Fran and two different surprise

ice storms while on the road, I'd say, stay home if you can.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
The problem with the direction and shape of this storm is that all that's needed to scotch this meeting for drivers from Philly is one little section of road with that 0.1" of ice or freezing rain. Is there anything that makes us veer to a Monday? Is that a light business night for the Wooden Match?
hp

les

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Good point, Les. I should think that the Wooden Match would welcome the group on any night although Monday's tend to be lighter for business than other nights.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Putting a lid on this night's replanned meeting, David, my ride, reports bronchitis is taking him out of the running. That black ice when the temps drop later would make the treks through the Pennsy hills a tad too adventurous.
hp

les

redyserve

Lurker
Feb 25, 2014
With the amont of melting that is happening currently, I think ice is going to be a real problem this evening.
Myles

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Guys, stay safe at home and join us for a virtual club meeting on www.chatzy.com/thebriarpatch. Things usually start rolling by 9:00PM and it a great group of people. Load up, light up and chat us up.

BTW, it's 60 degrees here on Isle of Palms today.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Dan ever since George Bush took over running the weather forecasting service it has been a bit hit or miss. Remember this is the arm of the government that after the last doomsday warning said 'weather forecasting is not an exact science' which is not dissimiliar to dear old George Bush saying 'I have just discovered that a lot of our imports come from other countries' so I rest my case!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Well, that's the first time that I've heard someone say that the weather was Bush's fault. Me? I fault anticipation. We all have to know 3 days a head of time what this complex variable equation has in store for us, and there is no shortage of opportunists ready to sell advertising into that desire.
Give me the old days when we had no idea what was headed our way until after it was over.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Guys, my daughter just called to tell us her company sent everyone home early and that things are a mess in the Lehigh Valley. Tune in to Chatzy tonight from the comfort of your smoking stations.

alphaflux

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
United States
Oops... I missed this thread.
I didn't make it through Reading with the road closure and accidents.
Stay safe and hopefully we can all get together on the 23rd.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Yeah this was a smart move Gents. Left CI HQ around 5:30pm and it was a hairy ride home. What was the worse was when I turned into my devolopment! Yikes,slolom through the neighborhood. I'll check in on that chat. I also agree about the wholesale of fear in the the media, wish we had a "like" button as well.

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.