PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

archangel

Lurker
Jun 2, 2017
California
I am right handed, but hold my pipe with my left hand, and use the left side of my mouth. Like Jpmcwjr, I too have a tooth on the left telling me to smoke on the right.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I used to be a left side smoker specifically, until I opened a door into my pipe and chipped my tooth. Since then I've been a right side smoker, going on about two years now. It was hard to adjust, but it's normal now. But right or left side of mouth, I always hold the pipe with my right hand, unless tamping, which is done with my right.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Right handed, right holder, right clenched. This is probably because I smoke a lot while driving.
Tim

gmjabsky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2015
Exclusively left, leaving my right hand to do work, be creative, or cause trouble...Except when lighting-then it's straight down the center line

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Like doc I am ambidextrous. Write left handed, throw right. Can use a knife and fork in either hand. I do smoke left handed, on left side of mouth.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
Bi here. I have paid attention to this and I clench and smoke on both sides.
I'm flexible!
But I dress left and I'm right eye dominant if that helps.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
There was a time many long years ago a tailor would ask left or right... :wink:

jaq6q

Might Stick Around
Jul 5, 2015
I am left handed too. I hold my pipe in left hand and mostly clench to the left.

Holding it with right hand and clenched to the right seems a bit awkward for me.

I am left handed - having said that I found that this is what I do.
During lighting ... I use either ... no preference.

During smoking ... at least 65% of the time I hold the pipe in my left hand, or clench it on the left side of my lip. About 35% of the time I hold it on my right hand ... but still clench it on the left side.
I checked my profile photo to make sure I am writing what I actually do ... and yes I am clenching with my left lip :D

docwrite

Lurker
Oct 25, 2009
Vancouver, BC, Canada
There was a time many long years ago a tailor would ask left or right... :wink:
If you've ever had a tailor take your measurements, after checking the inseam, (often with a throat clear and a quick look of apology), there is usually no need to ask.

(As jpmcwjr noted.)

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Right handed, smoke on right side most of the time, also hold pipe with right hand as well and I almost never clench. I use my left hand to hold a book or iPad whilst I smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.