PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Yes folks, can't argue and lemme finally tell you (based on my own limited experience)In my opinion,U.S Chews are way more addictive than any Swedish type wet'snus dip?I have had in the past,nonetheless this Swedish snus still remains very popular here, especially amongst youngsters(no legal sales are allowed thus all that stuff is imported from neighboring Sweden)

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
U.S Chews are way more addictive than any Swedish type wet'snus dip
Not surprising. I have never tried snus, but the "dip" type of chewing tobacco (copenhagen, etc.) sold here has enough nicotine in it to kill a horse.

taildraggin

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2019
Thanks. :roll: Ordered yet another tobacco (SG#4) to try.
This alternative use reminded me of college days and the The Five Fingers of Death.

(Dr Rumney's, in lines on each finger of your spread hand, in one snork.)

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
(Dr Rumney's, in lines on each finger of your spread hand, in one snork.)
That sounds horrifying. In the dorms my first year of undergrad we had the "Alaskan Sled Dog" shot glass. It was like 4 or 5 shots worth of booze. We had "drinking team shirts" that were old I.W. Harper tuxedo t shirts that had a "shot tally" on one sleeve (you get a notch for each AK taken) and a "puke n rally" on the other so we could keep track of who was winning.
If I took one of those things today I would go to the hospital. And probably be divorced, hahaha.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Cotton Boll is the strongest rope I’ve tried, made in the States mainly for chewing but pipe smokers got ahold of it and turned it into a pipe tobacco so to speak, it’s damn strong, stronger than the Gawith ropes and would surely think it would satisfy a cigarette smoker, I’ve been dipping Copenhagen for over 25 years and Cotton Boll gives me a buzz. Forget where I bought it but if you Google it you shouldn’t have any problem finding it. I just offer this one as a suggestion for strength as I much prefer the Gawith ropes, Brown Bogie and Brown Irish X being my favorites. I can’t stand the black ropes, tastes like charred meat to me. Coconut Twist is another favorite but it takes forever to properly dry out because of the heavy oils. I usually leave it out overnight and it’s still nowhere near crispy but it does provide a rich, very English tasting smoke, it’s great stuff.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Started smoking a pipe 10 years ago to help me quit dipping but now I just do both. I constantly have nicotine flowing through my veins.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Must be nice! I am battling the urge to do just that. Trying to stick to one bowl and one rope chew per week, usually on the weekends. It's hard, haha.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Yes folks, can't argue and lemme finally tell you (based on my own limited experience)In my opinion,U.S Chews are way more addictive than any Swedish type wet'snus dip?I have had in the past,nonetheless this Swedish snus still remains very popular here, especially amongst youngsters(no legal sales are allowed thus all that stuff is imported from neighboring Sweden)
My understanding is that one of the major reasons for that is Swedish Snus is air cured and pasteurized, where as American dips and chews are made of fire-cured. I believe the Swedish process is also responsible for the huge disparity in oral cancer rates among users of American dip/chew versus Swedish snus users.

taildraggin

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2019
Ok, yep, that's the stuff. Brown No 4 is now one of my favorites. I'll never look at a dog turd on the lawn in the same way again.

Replaces Royal Yak, not in taste, but punch and satisfaction. Good for cigar smokers, I think. Bitch to keep lit out of the tin, but dries enough in 15-30 mins, rubbed (w/coastal humidity). I'm learning to like flakes on the wet side rather than dry.
(I don't think I'm qualified to do a formal review since I've never eaten elderberries, I've never used "precocious" outside of references to children and I'm not quite sure what "piquant" means.)

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
"The nose is condescending, yet inviting.......it's playful on the palate with overtones of............
Shut up you idiot. It tastes like fermented grape juice aged in wood.
My wife hates it when we go to fine restaurants. I often gargle the tasting pour of our $13 bottle. I am pigman.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
LOL. Obviously, there is a huge range of nuances in the world of pipe tobacco, so I'm a bit tongue-in-cheek. There's value in being able to describe the different elements of a blend, and Smoking Pipes is a great vendor.
That said, I can't think of a single tobacco where that type of critical, super-taster palate is less relevant than this old rope.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I bought a 500 gm twist of Brown Bogie that had 10 years of age on it from PS. I've tried to smoke it and chew it, but I am not man enough for that stuff. Smells like a saddle that's been rode hard and put up wet, for 20 years. It sits jarred on a dark shelf for one day when I grow up.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
I constantly have nicotine flowing through my veins.
Same, but heroin.
I bought a 500 gm twist of Brown Bogie that had 10 years of age on it from PS. I've tried to smoke it and chew it, but I am not man enough for that stuff. Smells like a saddle that's been rode hard and put up wet, for 20 years. It sits jarred on a dark shelf for one day when I grow up.
Unfortunately, I came about my nicotine tolerance from years of smoking cigarettes. I enjoy the flavor of this No. 4 twist alright, but if I am being honest, it would not be a rotation-worthy smoke for me, absent my need for nicotine.

taildraggin

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2019
True. This tobacco isn't about subtle flavors. But, I still haven't eaten an elderberry, and they are probably in season right now.
When I need help, I look to the web for this site for review ideas: Random Wine Review Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.