PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

novicemaker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 12, 2014
If you havent seen this website give it a try. i see some great deals on whole leaf and cut. Be a nice way to blend in a new type of tobacco without busting a budget. If anyone has tried them let me know, i am thinking about buying a few pounds.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
I would never recommend them. Their leaf is garbage. Try Whole Leaf..http://wholeleaftobacco.com/
And here is the usual disclaimer... I'm not connected in any way to Whole Leaf. As a matter of fact Whole leaf sells some nice Latakia

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I've had good and not so good leaf from both sources. I think that they end up sometimes with leaf that the big buyers reject.
Whole Leaf does have Prilep and Latakia, and I just got some good looking Virginia Lemon from them. Their Izmir, is shipped too dry, and I ended up with a lot of crumbs, because they ship in a plastic bag. Doh! Ask them to ship in a box.
Leaf Only has Yenedji, and it's lovely stuff. On the other hand, their Light Fired shipped too wet and had mold. When I complained, they told me that all tobacco has mold.
Hopefully, a more robust whole leaf vendor will set up shop, these two are in need of competition.

novicemaker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 12, 2014
Thanks woods, like any product from a farm you get what you pay for sometimes thats good and sometimes its not. Thanks for the lat and per site though thats what i was really looking for was to make my own house blend so i can see how much of the stuff i can handle. Is leaf only twists any good, saw that and thought id give one a shot when i ordered.

novicemaker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 12, 2014
Both sites whole sale pricing is pretty good. 25lbs of lat for $375, works out to about $15 a pound.
Honestly the only reason i am looking is because i have a big shed and a big head lol. Ive got the room to start a nice baccy collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.