PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
It's a good day to relax with a pipe and some nice leaf.

Coffee, a clay filled with my favourite smoke; Dunhill Flake. CCR's Born on the Bayou vinyl pulsating great sounds in the house. Hope everyone's day is a chill as mine.
Happy smokin'!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
A50F373B0F40BDB5090B542B422E43-vi.jpg

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
Great idea. For me it will be four espresso shots (with a little boiling water added) and some Solani ABF.
@woodsroad: I like your photograph. It reminds me of a dreamscape or an impressionistic painting.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Cool and very windy in West Texas, heading out to the back porch with a cup of Coffee and loading some Blockade Runner in a bent Pickaxe

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Here in north central PA it seems like relentless fog, gloom, wet, cold - but not JANUARY cold, rheumatic, vile, evil dark unremitting slough of despond sort of thing. I am finding it increasingly depressing. BUT, that being said, a nice pipe lights a little warm glow in the middle of all that... for as long as it lasts. Luckily I have a few mile-deep HUngarians that are up to the task! 3 hour bowls!!

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
Grey and gloomy on the Crystal Coast of NC today, going to be a day of hot coffee, a good book, my pipes, my recliner some Miles Davis and some Stokkebye Cube Cut :puffy:

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
It's foggy and wet here in De too... Early AM coffee and some Condor Ready Rubbed mixed with some 5 Brothers for a very sobering morning smoke. At least it cleared the fog in my mind from yesterday and last evening's birthday hedonism.
By the time I was ready to relax, I cracked open my Birthday present and loaded some C+D Cavicchi into it. Great blend BTW...

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Overcast but above freezing here in Atlantic Canada. The feeders are extra busy today with birds, squirrels, deer and my favorite Ravens. Enjoying some St. Bruno and coffee watching the visitors. :puffy:

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
Sunny and 65F here in Ohio...? Bizarre, and still having this head cold only adds to the surreal feeling. I think I'll have some Penzance in a meerschaum and see if the spices can cut through the phlegm.

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
It has been foggy and overcast for the better part of a week here in North Iowa. Temperatures are very warm for mid January though. But alas, we have a snow storm to look forward to on Tuesday into Wednesday with 4 to 7 inches of the white stuff looming. Oh the joys of winter in the northern U.S.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Very, very strange weather for January in Winnipeg. It has been above freezing rather than below for a few days in a row. Smoking some rubbed out newminster 400 cut 50/50 with some McClellands turkish ribbon in a little peterson system pipe while I stepped through puddles on a walk with wife and baby.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
Lazy, foggy Sunday here too. Snow is threatening but only a few flakes here and there so far.
Just finished a bowl of Whiteknight + an Americano on a bench by the local coffee shop.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Unusually mild winter so far this year in Toronto. The heavy clouds make for a great stay home Sunday.
Started the day with some Lat Aro hybrid by Captain Black called Black Sea, then moved into my current favorite, Royal Challenge and I'm now on a bowl of Original Choice by MacBaren.
My Aromatic Sunday!

kuroneko

Lurker
Dec 19, 2016
Reporting from Japan, it's cold but the sun is out this morning. Started the day with some Royal Navy Flake and getting ready to smoke some of that Frog along with coffee.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Unusually mild winter so far this year in Toronto. The heavy clouds make for a great stay home Sunday.
I'm just down the highway from you in the Windsor area...57 degrees here today.

Warm even for this neck of the woods.
Foggy and wet today so hung out indoors after hockey with a nice bowl of Jackknife plug.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The fog reminds me of my last duty station in the Navy, holed up in an ancient shamble of a hotel (to save money for school) where I could hear fog horns on Lake Michigan. Your pipe reminds me what a good long smoke you can get with flake in a relatively small pipe. Nifty photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.