PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

marinecwby

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2013
I know some of you guys don't like the Captain, but Im sitting here, listening to the baseball game on the radio, with a Nice burning bowl of CB White... Smells good, tastes good, what more could you want from your pipe.? Peterson bent rough St Paddys. Hope all is well with my newfound friends..
Edit: Corrected capitalization in title per Rule #9. L.

marinecwby

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2013
Anybody got an opinion on Walgreen's "Blenders Gold Peach"? A buddy told me to try it if I could find it. Said it was very good, for an OTC. Back to school has got me smoking more OTC's (The Capn), than B&M's right now. And enjoy my pipes. Middletons Cherry before I go to bed.

marinecwby

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2013
Does anybody out there use a golf tee as a tamp? I find this to be a perfect tamp, especially the long tee's...

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
Lol damn.
Honestly, I smoked less than a pouch of Captain Black (white), about three years ago- when I first started piping. Didn't really like it. However... You do make a strong case for giving it another chance... But don't think I will.
Have not used a golf tee as a tamper. Only because I've never been around one when I've needed a tamper. I'm positive one would work very well.
Walgreens Blenders Gold Peach sounds like something I'd buy if I wanted to drink my tobacco.
The Resourceful Man's Pipe Smoking.
Welcome to the boards, Marinecwby.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Walgreen's Blender's Gold is probably the lowest grade tobacco you can find. But for every low grade, indifferently blended, sticky, sugary mess you can find, there's SOMEBODY who'll say "it's not so bad".

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I don't smoke it much anymore but the Captain is what got me started on the pipe and that's a good thing. As long as you're enjoying yourself that's all that matters. Sounds like a great night!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Welcome to the forums marine - I have yet to try Capt Blk. I like aros, but I usually steer clear of tobaccos with preservatives - mainly 'cause it keeps them too goopy. Still - that's not a put down. There are plenty of people who like it and who am I to disagree? So I say, more power to ya!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
My first pipe tobacco I ever smoked, way, way back was Captain Black white. I loved it back then.
Tastes change.
Welcome to the forum, Marine.
Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.