Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Robert “Lawdog” Lawing. Lawdog is a well-known, easily recognizable figure at all of the pipe shows around the country. He specializes in the estate market for high-end artisan pipes – restoring, buying and selling. He also does restorations for any type of pipe. In Pipe Parts, Brian will discuss tongue bite, and how to avoid it.

Robert-Lawing.jpg

Robert “Lawdog” Lawing (L) with artisan pipe maker, “Former” (R)

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Our featured interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Robert “Lawdog” Lawing. Lawdog is a well-known, easily recognizable figure at all of the pipe shows around the country.

Easily recognizable? I've always found that soft-voiced men of small stature and who have a shy, retiring demeanor are difficult to find in crowded places like pipe shows, even when you know they are there.

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 2.46.08 PM.png

Reactions: jguss

java3

Lurker
Jan 13, 2018
I never met the Lawdog before and thoroughly enjoyed the show (it was almost like I did meet him). Another smooth interview w/ Brian L. at the helm as well. Take the bow guys!!!!

Java3
aka Pipe Collector

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Just to provide a frame of reference, when you look at the picture of Robert at the beginning of this thread bear in mind that Hans "Former" Nielsen is 6' 6" tall, and that the pipe in Robert's hand is a magnum.

• Wow
Reactions: rushx9

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Just to provide a frame of reference, when you look at the picture of Robert at the beginning of this thread bear in mind that Hans "Former" Nielsen is 6' 6" tall, and that the pipe in Robert's hand is a magnum.
Get out! Former is 6’6??? Is Lawdog really that big? I’m 6’5 I’ve never come across someone that towers me, it’s rare to find someone that’s even slightly taller than me.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Get out! Former is 6’6??? Is Lawdog really that big? I’m 6’5 I’ve never come across someone that towers me, it’s rare to find someone that’s even slightly taller than me.

I was kidding. Robert’s big, but not that big. I’m 6’ 2” and it feels like he towers over me, but I would guess the reality is by only 3-4 inches. I think Robert’s outsize presence must have been useful in his years in law enforcement. I suspect it made most people think twice before doing something stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: rushx9 and hawky454
Status
Not open for further replies.