Laurel Heights My Experiance is This Normal?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars
12 Fresh Claudio Cavicchi Pipes
36 Fresh Brigham Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
96 Fresh Peterson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
But i have to ask you guys to put yourselves in my shoes.
New to Pipe Smoking

Smoked Primarily Aromatics

Never tried Latakia (hell i couldn't spell it until now)

First time i smoke it i get a that feeling

So i post on here for answers
Ohin3 thats pretty mush what i felt x3 maybe my palate is just sensitive.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I didn't think for a moment that you (or Bob for that matter) were concerned that your sample was anything but the LH it claimed to be, I just figured I would pipe in and confirm that yes, it was the real McCoy (or should that be Hatfield, given the pipe-communities love of the 'Devil Anse' pipe?).
You might also try drying and rehydrating the blend. There are a few blends (from no one blender, it's across the gambit) that leave me feeling like I've been huffing bear-spray. My soft-palate will swell, and if I ignore the unpleasant sensations, I'll actually end up with visible irritation on my lips and in my nostrils as well. Rehydrating the blend seems to alleviate this for the most part, and while the blend will lose some of it's 'punch', it does become smokable.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Thanks schmitzbitz as i mention i smoked the BH-signature blend and it didn't irritate me at all so i the Virginia wasn't the issue here so i thought it might have been the Latakia but apparently thats not suppose to do that therefore it must have been me. ah well. ill have to try it again some other day but for now ill just enjoy the aros you sent me. thanks

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
I have an '06 tin I opened a few months ago and it's just as folks have described, a nice light Virginia. There is no Lat in it as far as I can see ,smell or taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.