PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
I love how this Rad Davis guy can take any classic shape on the chart, and turn it into something uniquely modern, without losing any of the classicism. There really is nothing that compares to a Rad Davis pipe. My only hope is that when I can finally afford to spend what it costs to own a Rad now- when Rad's pipes will definitely be selling in the $3500 - $5000 price range, that a new extraordinary talent will have emerged who will be charging then, what Rad charges now.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the nice comments. I know there are other great makers out there but Rad's just do it for me. They smoke so wonderfully as I am accustomed to a wide open draw. I used to love Castello's the way I now do Rad's. Castello's smoke incredibly and have the wide open draw that I like, but Rad's stems are the most comfortable I have ever put between my teeth. I don't feel that owning a Rad is a status symbol. There are a ton of far more expensive pipes out there. To me it is about pure smoking bliss. I wish I could better describe the satisfaction I get from smoking a Rad but it is something that has to be experienced I believe. There are some great estate Rad's that can be had for a bit less than the price of a new one. I truly hope those that are interested in a Rad Davis pipe, can one day acquire one.

Status
Not open for further replies.