PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulrich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2012
Toronto
Just succumbed to PAD once again. A little no-name estate. It was only $12.50. Hopefully she's a good smoker but for the money I'm not too worried. I think she'll clean up nicely. The only nomenclature on it is a little stamp that reads "France" on the stem. Check it out.
566065355_o.jpg

566064881_o.jpg

566065147_o.jpg

ulrich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2012
Toronto
Aside from the oxidation on the stem, it looks like it dosen't need any cleaning.
On the outside, for sure, but who knows what ungodly smells and gunk are lurking in the shank! The rim also has a bit of charring to deal with. No biggies though!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I really like the mix of sandblast and clear wood -- and the grain and growth rings look superb. :clap:

Looks to me like you scored a factory second of some really nice pipe brand. It should smoke nicely.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I like it. It's really gonna look sweet once you've got the stem polished up. Nice buy!

Jul 15, 2011
That looks pretty damn sweet! I got a pipe in a recent ebay lot that kind of looks like that with the two color rustication, but mine is in pretty bad shape. As you said, it should clean up nicely. Good score!

Status
Not open for further replies.