PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Balkis, before I lash out money on a "selection" of anything, I need to determine if I do indeed like orientals. You Americans talk of buying tobacco as we Brits might buy something like potatoes, not quite realising just how expensive tobacco is over here.
Once they arrive on the morrow I shall report back here.
Regards,
Jay.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Cured full-leaf is the cheapest way that I know of to get pure, decent tobacco."
I'm sure it is Balkis but in America, not here. You don't seem able to grasp the tobacco situation here. It is very expensive and we do not have access to the range of blends that you do.
My tobacco order has just arrived so will fire up a couple of bowls later.
Regards,
Jay.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Right folks, my original question has now been answered by my tastebuds...oriental tobacco is not in the remotest sense anything like Latakia...phew!
The Mac Baren Acadian Perique and Dunghill Ready Rubbed both smoked perfectly well with no body odour assaulting any of my senses.
This of course opens up more varieties for me to try out which pleases me no end :puffy:
Now to start the hunt for new blends.
Thanks guys for all your suggestions, they are much appreciated :clap:
Regards,
Jay.

Jun 27, 2016
I'm sure it is Balki but in America, not here. You don't seem able to grasp the tobacco situation here. It is very expensive and we do not have access to the range of blends that you do.
No, I get it man. Whole leaf is going to be the cheapest way to go if you want to go that route to help isolate more flavors. Glad you like your newest blends though and have something enjoyable to smoke! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.