PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

WNCLEE28466

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2021
Wallace, NC (near the coast)
I truly do love both Maltese Falcon & Westminster, but I do wish they both had a little more Latakia in them. Would you please recommend a tobacco bled of the same vein, but that does not need to be "fixed" or "bastardized" with the added Latakia? For now, I guess that's what I'll do. I have OCD and this is bugging the heck out of me! Thanks, LeRoy

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
I’ve been smoking Star of the East flake lately and I love it. Supposed to be 50% Latakia, but doesn’t necessarily feel like it (and Pirate Kake’s 70% scares me just a little). Tin note and feel reminds me of Quiet Nights—which would probably also suffice—but just slightly less refined and balanced. I wish I had more familiarity with GLP blends to give a recommendation there. Have 8 oz of Westminster aging gracefully, but I’m not worried about a lessened Latakia presence.

I also recommend Balkan Supreme (I smoke the Arango bulk) which seems to be more Latakia heavy.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Odyssey. It keeps you with the Pease blend vibe, but is certainly more latakia. I found that when I let it age after opening for a few years the latakia settled down so I could enjoy it more, but I would suggest you try it fresh.

Star of the east I agree with too, although I preferred odyssey as a blend.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Ironside's is another lat heavy blend. Honesty, I go the "fix" route more often though when I find a blend I like. I just keep a pound of Latakia around for that purpose.