PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Mtn

Lurker
Jul 19, 2021
For me at least, it has been getting harder to find Dr. Grabow bulldog pipes (Royalton or Royal Duke). I called their office in Sparta the other day and the salesperson said they were not making them right now, nor have a date planned to restart in the future.

if you are into the type, now may be the last chance for a while to snag one.

I hope in the future they will be more readily available again because they are nicely made!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That is most interesting. I have always greatly admired the shaping on my Dr. Grabow Royalton bulldog, and I had to wonder who was doing the carving. Obviously Dr. Grabow has some artisans on the factory line. I always imagined that these were done by some long experienced senior man or woman on the line that just had a gift. I have thought that if that person were an independent artisan, they'd be celebrated for their skill. And now this makes me wonder if that person, or those folks, have retired with no one to fill their shoes. I'm glad someone else admires those pipes as much as I do, and perhaps our interest will inspire another carver at Dr. Grabow to hone their skills and step up. I am pleased to be the owner of one of the original master works from Dr. Grabow.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
That is most interesting. I have always greatly admired the shaping on my Dr. Grabow Royalton bulldog, and I had to wonder who was doing the carving. Obviously Dr. Grabow has some artisans on the factory line. I always imagined that these were done by some long experienced senior man or woman on the line that just had a gift. I have thought that if that person were an independent artisan, they'd be celebrated for their skill. And now this makes me wonder if that person, or those folks, have retired with no one to fill their shoes. I'm glad someone else admires those pipes as much as I do, and perhaps our interest will inspire another carver at Dr. Grabow to hone their skills and step up. I am pleased to be the owner of one of the original master works from Dr. Grabow.
This is disturbing. I’ve been looking to purchase one and haven’t found any new ones available. I too thought they were well made.