PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Sorry for you & Humphrey, had a beagle named the same 60+ years ago. Had to do what you are going through tomorrow too many times & feel for you Bro. I am so selfish that I don't want another till I am sure he/she will out live me. They aren't dogs, they're family.

Bless all of you.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
So sorry for your loss. He looks like a very happy dog - best to remember him that way.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I had not read that Kipling piece. I'll save a copy of it.
Cob, a raised pipe to you and Humphrey this evening. Good dogs are rare and always missed.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Truly sorry, my friend. Sending you strength, and a raised wee dram of whiskey. I'll snuggle my furry buddy extra close tonight.
-- Pat

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
You truly have my hearfelt sympathy, there is no love like the love of a dog. I know that no words of ours will even begin to heal your pain, but may your own strength of character to ease his pain give you some comfort tonight.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
God Bless, It's always a terrible loss, a prayer for you both. I have always believed my beloved pets will be waiting for me when I pass to show me the way home...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What a magnificent elderly dog he is. And how grandly he has contributed to your life and shared his.

Maybe you can balance the sorrow, a little, with the joy of having had such a friend. After the absence

heals somewhat, he will always come back and often make you smile and even laugh. The four-legged

ones have a power we are shy about admitting. They are important and large in our lives, as they should

be.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
Cob sir - I think most of us have been there. I really feel for your loss. More significantly - thank you for sharing with us here. It's nice to be reminded how there's real people behind all of these screen names. Real lives. Real feelings. Real emotions. And sometimes....real pain.
I admire the courage of your heartfelt post. What a great tribute to your friend this thread should become.

thebadkitty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 29, 2012
Albany, Oregon
Sorry to hear this but thanks for sharing Cobguy, it reminds me of my lunkheads (No! that's just something in my eye). I'm such a sap that when I got divorced 15 years ago I paid dog support every month until this day came a few years later.

I hope your day is better tomorrow.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very sorry to hear it cobguy. My dog passed on back in March. I had her for the same length of time as yours...13+ years. I rescued her from the animal shelter back in early '01 when she was about 6 months old. She was an intelligent and keenly aware creature...and a dear friend...she'll always be missed. She struggled for a while, and I was very close to having to make the decision you're faced with, but she passed one night before it had to be done.
The important thing is, you gave Humphrey a good life.

sdcowboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2011
Rapid City, SD
I've been there several times. You are giving Humphrey a great gift by being there when he passes. Dogs always give us unconditional love, and you are giving him the same.
Remember the happy times, and God bless both of you.

K

klause

I'm very sorry to hear this, Cobguy. But, I'm glad you are going to be there with him as he goes on his next journey - you are doing the right thing, something a best friend would do for his buddy.
I'll take my 2 friends for an extra long walk later and think of you both.
God bless you and Humphrey.

Status
Not open for further replies.