PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
How long you brew any tea is a matter of personal preference. Many retailers will tell you what they recommend, but always experiment on your own. For more delicate teas, also try reducing the temperature of your water when you brew. Different temperatures and brew times can completely alter the flavor of a given tea or blend. With lapsang, I tend toward just off boil and 5 minutes as well.

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
I like just off boil for steeping , too hot and it gets bitter , tannins ..
Sometimes I add a little cold water to the leaves first and also use a heavy tea pot so there’s little risk of too hot
Thanks for tea ideas , gotta check them out

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
Sounds good , cold brew coffee is also worth trying
As is roasting your own beans

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Crash, puerh with the taste of compost you say? Now, there's an irresistible hook. 8O Seriously, tried one once and it wasn't for me, though no doubt wasn't a particularly high grade one. Am, though, a black tea guy.

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
Green tea is pretty awesome , the leaves steep and when you look in the pot , you can see actual leaves
Anybody tried Greek coffee , pretty much just hot water and ground beans mixed in a copper pot , I was kinda turned off the first few times , until I found the real deal and wow , so THATS Greek coffee ..

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I realize this is rather sacrilegious to hard core tea enthusiasts, but I drink a lot of blends from David's Tea. 2 months ago, I ceased my sweet tea consumption of nearly a gallon per day completely. I was slowly, but surely, killing myself with sugar. I drank water only for awhile but saw a David's Tea shop at the Fashion Mall when visiting the Apple Store.
David's Tea has a number of more traditional White, Green, Black teas but also have what they call herbal teas which tend to be fruitier. According to their info, no sugars are added. Some contain a very low amount of natural fruit sugar.
I drink a combination of their regular teas and keep a 32 oz container going of the herbal teas. Perhaps when I grow up, I will develop a taste for the finer traditional teas. I do believe what I'm drinking is much, much healthier than the sweet tea I was previously drinking.

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
They are creating tea blends out of everything these days , rose hips , raspberry leaves , labrador tea .. one is never stuck for a choice

Status
Not open for further replies.