PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020
Just cracked open a RR 14oz tin and have wondered if I should leave it in or jar it.

Lane’s tin is different from that plastic PA or CH tubs, and I wonder if that could make a difference.

It has a simple soft plastic lid more like a giant C&D tin than those plastic tubs of PA or CH.

What’s your experience with it? Can it stay there safely for some months?

Thanks!

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Just cracked open a RR 14oz tin and have wondered if I should leave it in or jar it.

Lane’s tin is different from that plastic PA or CH tubs, and I wonder if that could make a difference.

It has a simple soft plastic lid more like a giant C&D tin than those plastic tubs of PA or CH.

Thanks!
I would sprinkle it in my garden.

• Haha
Reactions: Reggie and rushx9

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a partial jam jar of Lanes 1-Q that's been hanging around for years, and it stays moist, nay wet, on into time. So I wouldn't worry too much about your 14 ounces. Every two years or so, I smoke a small bowl of it, to see if it has improved. To me, it hasn't.

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020
That’s good to know, I’ll keep it in the tin.
Thanks everyone!

evo03

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2013
I recently cracked open a can of Lane Ready Rubbed and Jarred the majority of it, and left about 3oz in the can to smoke over the next month or so. When I need more I'll open up the jar. In my house tobacco dries out if left in the original container after opened.

Reactions: Alex.Jr
C

carolinasmokes

Thanks!
It is packaged the same as Grainger, Sir Walter Raleigh etc. and will stay fresh and moist in the can for at least 1+ years, that's how long I had a can of Sir Walter Raleigh opened before I finished it.

Status
Not open for further replies.