PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
SWR is good. I'd have to say it's my favorite codger blend. I will say though that I prefer the cube cut it had when it was still made in the US.
I didn’t get into it as heavy as I am now until they made the switch. I realllllly like the stg group version but from what I recall it wasn’t too much different. I had just only had super dried out pouches of it before and thought it sucked just cause of how dried out it was.

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
I didn’t get into it as heavy as I am now until they made the switch. I realllllly like the stg group version but from what I recall it wasn’t too much different. I had just only had super dried out pouches of it before and thought it sucked just cause of how dried out it was.
It does taste pretty much the same to me. I still smoke the heck out of it. It's my go to work smoke. SWR in a cob, hard to beat.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I second @mortonbriar on the RLP-6 point. VA, burley, and black cav are like the aro triumvirate, I feel. In addition to the missing element of burley, something about 1Q always felt just a wee bit off. Artificial sort of, like a little chemical-y, an attribute that wasn't there in RLP-6, or its virtually identical twin brother, LL-7. Between RLP-6 and Mac Baren Vanilla Cream, I'm all set for vanilla aromatics.

Mar 1, 2014
Please capitalize proper names- title edited.

hi forum got my lane 1q and match Carter hall a few days ago really liking the lane 1q better so far .

If you like 1Q go try Sutliff Z92 Vanilla Custard.

Branching out to try new things, again with Sutliff, Victorian Match (formerly Elizabethan Match) is one of my favorite Virginia blends.

F

fMf Piper

Lane 1-Q was the first tobacco I bought when I started pipe smoking.

For me, it's a decent blend, but a bit too mild for my taste. I have been smoking cigars for a several years, and I found myself longing for bit more tobacco flavor. The room note is vert nice and it is an enjoyable smoke, but I am looking forward to trying some other blends I recently aquired, both aromatic and non-aromatic.

I like the fire cured cigars by Drew Estate, and am looking to try some of the fire cured pipe tobaccos as well.