PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Being someone who only really smokes 3 or 4 blends on a regular basis, imagine my surprise this week when a new blend bullrushed it's way into my top 3! I have found a new love in G&H Broken Flake #7! Being a complete novice to Lakeland blends, and with my new found desire to cellar as much of this as I can, I must ask those more knowledgeable than I... how does it age? What changes can I expect. I know Virginias can change dramatically, Latakia settles down and mellows, Aros lose their flavor, and Burley doesn't seem to change much at all, but what about Lakelands???

Reactions: ofafeather
I have no experience with that specific blend, but in my Dark Flake unscented and rope collections, I don't really notice much of a change at all, as these blends are usually made with aged leaf to begin with. If it has any change at all, it would be that the topping may dissipate, which for me is not a bad thing, IMO.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I have no experience with that specific blend, but in my Dark Flake unscented and rope collections, I don't really notice much of a change at all, as these blends are usually made with aged leaf to begin with. If it has any change at all, it would be that the topping may dissipate, which for me is not a bad thing, IMO.
That's what I was worried about. I don't want it to lessen.

Status
Not open for further replies.