PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I smoked a lot of 1792. No "Lakeland."

You might consider that Lakelands have been highly mythologized/demonized by forums in a kind of group hysteria that results in pages of pejoration; in a word, bashing. Everyone is entitled to his opinion, but to steer clear of a class of tobaccos based on the caprice of forums, a great but flawed source of information, precludes the one thing upon which one can make a determination: smoking the tobacco oneself.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
"I didn't like the flavor at all. GH Dark Flake u/s is my go to in this category."

You should seek out their Westmorland Slices, a truly gorgeous smoke.

Regards,

Jay.?
Once in a while, every 4-5 years or so, I get to make a trip to Scotland. There is a nice pipe and tobacco shop in Leith, seawards of Edinburgh. I've been there once, buying stuff, but not really knowing what to choose. Next time I'll focus on G&H and other british stuff that is otherwise unavailable to me.

alexander87

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2017
I smoked a lot of 1792. No "Lakeland."

You might consider that Lakelands have been highly mythologized/demonized by forums in a kind of group hysteria that results in pages of pejoration; in a word, bashing. Everyone is entitled to his opinion, but to steer clear of a class of tobaccos based on the caprice of forums, a great but flawed source of information, precludes the one thing upon which one can make a determination: smoking the tobacco oneself.
But if they steer clear there are more Lakeland’s for me to buy :) I love this blend. Good write up.

Status
Not open for further replies.