PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Scully

Lurker
Jan 11, 2023
Calgary Alberta
Howdy all; I recently acquired some pipes in an estate sale, and some are a bit eccentric and others are just downright interesting. I'm uploading some pictures of one of them that I am a bit perplexed about. It's made in Israel, and it appears to have a carburetor arrangement in it. I've exhausted pretty much every avenue of query that I can think off; so here I am. I said, when I joined, I'd be quiet and listen, and maybe ask questions. So here I go. What kind of beast do I have here?, Is this really a carburetor?, Who, what and why, and most of all where do I find those filters; or will I have to invent one. I can't find anything on the makers mark; so I'm perplexed, and any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Med_Is_1.jpgMed_Is_8.jpgMed_Is_3.jpg

Attachments

• Med_Is_5.jpg
    Med_Is_5.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

Scully

Lurker
Jan 11, 2023
Calgary Alberta
I got the stem....got it all...beautiful pipe.... conversation starter for sure. The part with the slots in it is the base of the stem where it attaches to the stummel. The tenon is on the pipe side, not the stem.

Scully

Lurker
Jan 11, 2023
Calgary Alberta
Yo... OzPiper.... I think you're 'bang on the money'. I just researched the EA Carey site, and their description of the system employed in their pipes, is in direct alignment to what in have in front of me. As they say where I come from "You're a scholar, and a gentleman"..... thank you..... conundrum over.

Reactions: yanoJL

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Yo... OzPiper.... I think you're 'bang on the money'. I just researched the EA Carey site, and their description of the system employed in their pipes, is in direct alignment to what in have in front of me. As they say where I come from "You're a scholar, and a gentleman"..... thank you..... conundrum over.
You're most welcome
Pleased to be of help.

Reactions: captainsousie

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
So, how are the Carey Magic Inch pipes as smokers? Several years ago a seller included one (plus a package of Papyrate filters) with an estate Falcon that I purchased, but for some reason I have never smoked it.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
So, how are the Carey Magic Inch pipes as smokers? Several years ago a seller included one (plus a package of Papyrate filters) with an estate Falcon that I purchased, but for some reason I have never smoked it.

I only have one, but it smokes fine, as long as the Papyrate filter is aligned correctly and closes off the holes (otherwise you can’t get a draw going).

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss