PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
No pipe smoke in few days. I guess that meant I didn't get my quality times. Was already tired and stressed. Was talking to my wife and I couldn't speak.. I sounded really weird. Couldn't form words. Sound was coming out, I knew what I wanted to say, but still strange sounds coming out. Nope, it wasn't stroke or migraine. Just really tired and stressed. After sleeping for 7 hours, I'm fine. Then thinking about it, I didn't have my pipes in few days. I think not pipe smoking is bad for the health!

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
I feel your pain. I haven’t had a pipe or cigar since July 13th. I tested positive for covid even though I’m fully vaccinated and haven’t been able to smoke. Still no taste or smell. Smoking a pipe or cigar is like puffing tasteless hot air. Not a lot of pleasure in it.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
No pipe smoke in few days. I guess that meant I didn't get my quality times. Was already tired and stressed. Was talking to my wife and I couldn't speak.. I sounded really weird. Couldn't form words. Sound was coming out, I knew what I wanted to say, but still strange sounds coming out. Nope, it wasn't stroke or migraine. Just really tired and stressed. After sleeping for 7 hours, I'm fine. Then thinking about it, I didn't have my pipes in few days. I think not pipe smoking is bad for the health!
yesterday my bus was 20 minutes late so I didn't have enough time even for a short smoke before work. I wasn't really right and ready until after first break when I got to stroll and smoke a decent vanilla aromatic. Found a cool little area behind the building.

SoulStation

Lurker
Oct 2, 2021
Eastern KS
I'm new to this forum, so forgive me if this subject has been overly discussed.
I had covid in February, and lost my sense of taste etc until the end of June. Just recently the same thing happened, and I can't taste any tobacco other than a straight Va. And I can only taste them in the back of my throat. (If that makes any sense) i guess I'm going to wait to smoke my other blends, and hope my sense of taste returns. Had anyone had a similar experience? It's really a strange, frustrating experience.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I'm new to this forum, so forgive me if this subject has been overly discussed.
I had covid in February, and lost my sense of taste etc until the end of June. Just recently the same thing happened, and I can't taste any tobacco other than a straight Va. And I can only taste them in the back of my throat. (If that makes any sense) i guess I'm going to wait to smoke my other blends, and hope my sense of taste returns. Had anyone had a similar experience? It's really a strange, frustrating experience.
yes several people have at least here. The sense come back.

That Guy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the reply. I just bought a bunch of new tins to try. I guess I'll have to wait to open them until I'm back to normal.
I fill your pain. It took about 3 weeks before my taste buds were somewhat normal. I also had got five or six new blends I'd never tried before in and a new pipe to break in and all I could do is sit there and look at them LOL

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon