PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Smokebacca

Lurker
Aug 7, 2022
Texas
I'm not sure, and the same goes for square tins and C&D style tins. Although C&D inlay cards fit nicely inside a half-pint mason jar lid and sometimes they do re-print the tin art on them, example: Warped: Saint Espresso. When I asked Jeremy Reeves if they have ever considered making an inly card like that for all the blends, he said it's something they do for special blends sometimes, but that they prefer to keep the cost down as much as possible for the consumer. I can respect that.

Reactions: Egg Shen

Quiet Pipe

Lurker
Jul 20, 2022
I just got to thinking, when my mail call arrived today. Two 8oz bags From Country Squire (Second Breakfast and Green Dragon). They have a small rectangular label on each bag. I am going to be jarring them right away and it would be nice to have a round label for the jar top.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I just got to thinking, when my mail call arrived today. Two 8oz bags From Country Squire (Second Breakfast and Green Dragon). They have a small rectangular label on each bag. I am going to be jarring them right away and it would be nice to have a round label for the jar top.
I'd like a $100 bill in with my next bag of tobacco, and a pony! :) Just teasing.

I found some nice, round brown paper labels on Amazon and they are really cheap.

The other answers are the correct and obvious ones - production costs and how they feel their packaging is best marketed/represented.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
They all come with a label so why not make it one that could be reused on a jar.
it would cost to change that and not make a critical difference. The point of bulk is not paying for anything extra leaf, something for the leaf to travel in, and a basic label. Any extra cost would reduce sales or profits and only please a small segment that wouldn't spend more. And which would be a better use of time? Developing a better product including packaging (the bag) or a label that will be thrown away by most purchasers?

Reactions: Servant King

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
I'd like a $100 bill in with my next bag of tobacco, and a pony! :) Just teasing.

I found some nice, round brown paper labels on Amazon and they are really cheap.

The other answers are the correct and obvious ones - production costs and how they feel their packaging is best marketed/represented.
and if they really wanted to offer these labels they could sell them a little above cost

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
and if they really wanted to offer these labels they could sell them a little above cost
No doubt they would price at whatever threshold they felt was appropriate - but the cost of the labels whether at cost or with some profit is still going to add to the total price of the package of tobacco. I'm sure if they felt demand for labels was a "thing" they'd have that figured out, and so would everyone else - I'm only guessing but I'm thinking that's just more of a niche thing and also guessing that all tobacco sellers don't want to use little round labels on all their packaging, but I know nothing about the business!

Smokebacca

Lurker
Aug 7, 2022
Texas
If I ran an online tobacco retail, I'd at least want a section on the sight where customers could go to a list and download mason jar labels of the blends I sold, maybe even sized for different jar sizes. I make my own, but not everyone has the time and software to make them. Official stickers would be nice, but that just makes the cost of tobacco go up and I don't need them that bad. The image is all we really need to buy some sticky labels and print our own.

Smokebacca

Lurker
Aug 7, 2022
Texas
Who says you need to put the sticker on top of the lid? Why not wrap it around the jar?
It really just comes down to personal preferences and how you store the jars. I keep most of mine in crates and boxes where I'd have to pull them out to see the labels on the sides. I look down onto my jar's lids, so naturally that's where I'd like the labels. I've managed to peal stickers off of bags and reapply them to the sides of jars before. Both options work. Actually, I don't bother with stickers much, I just print the label with normal printer paper, cut it out, and put it over the lid and under the cap and it's not going anywhere. Labels don't even have to be a sticker.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
If I ran an online tobacco retail, I'd at least want a section on the sight where customers could go to a list and download mason jar labels of the blends I sold, maybe even sized for different jar sizes. I make my own, but not everyone has the time and software to make them. Official stickers would be nice, but that just makes the cost of tobacco go up and I don't need them that bad. The image is all we really need to buy some sticky labels and print our own.
well copyrighted images make that a pain

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
well copyrighted images make that a pain
Nobody is reselling them. Just for personal use. Disney doesn't even have an issue with people using their characters to create art and actually sell on products. (If you don't believe it, google search "Disney fan art tee"). You would have to sell a ton of labels for a tobacco company to come after you.