PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dongreyface

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Marietta, Ohio
So I'm about to cellar most of my tobacco by using mason jars, but I was wondering, how does everyone here label their jars? Is it better to use labels then write on them the type of tobacco, or is there a marker of some sorts out there that will clearly write on the jar itself and can be wiped off when the jar is empty, but not too easy to wipe off before I want it to? What is the best method you have found?

nmbigfoot02

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2011
While inelegant, painter's tape and a Sharpie are what I use. The tape is super easy to take off when the jar is empty without leaving a residue and it stays in put better than a dry erase marker.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I have a Brother Label Maker.

+1
Here's the one I got for Christmas and spent all last weekend using on my mason jars.

51fpz9CmA8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

-Jason

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I remove the label decal and stick it to the mason jar. Otherwise I either use a sticky label or just write on the lid.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
painter's tape and a Sharpie
+1 , or regular white labels and sharpie. Tobacco name, seller and date. I then have a separate list that has blend info such as tobacco in the blend and my notes.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I use yellow stickies. They all came of when we were moving which meant hours of fun trying to figure out what tobacco is in what jar. :lol:

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
I write on the mason jar lids the date and the type of blend if it is to be put back in storage. Jars that I use for my rotations I label with the label maker. :puffy:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Brother made labels on my primary blends with a small piece of masking tape on top with the date/ounces bought on top. I use the medium and large glass jars from Micheals. The large holds 6 oz and the medium 3-4 ounces. I've learned jars must be wide enough to get my hands in. (Mason jars are typically too small)

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Avery labels on my computer. They never peel, I can put all kinds of info on them, don't fade and I can read them, which my handwriting you cannot.
avery-600x449.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.