Kudos to Randy Wiley

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

I have two, this long shank pot is 7.25 inches with a bowl depth of 1.85 x 0.96 width. I love it.

View attachment 171833
That billy is awesome. I just did a search and cannot find many Wiley pipes available. It is interesting how his work has slow sales at times, and then sometimes it is really hard to find.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Here’s the one I fell for - been looking for a bent pot. Anxious to see it in person in a few days. I mean I needed Obsidian oil, so what the heck, may as well add to the cart. It’s called a Dublin, but the chamber is pot-like and I like the partial rustication, which doesn’t really show much in this view 1ABD55F4-20F0-421F-AF21-37843D692EAA.jpeg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I'll post a pic of the one I ordered when I get a chance now it is here. Not complaining, it looks great and I'll find out soon how it performs, but two little issues - the top of the rim has a couple of little 1/3 semi circle marks I assume are some kind of chatter from a drill bit, not prominent but on a new pipe, can't unsee them, but not sending it back, just an observation and only seen those on one other new pipe. Second - the bowl coating on this took literally 10x the work of removal that the Petersons I have ever took, they are pretty easy. This was thick. It came out but was so thick I couldn't even make out the drilling at the bottom of the chamber. Once revealed the chamber and the bottom looked perfect, so that's a great thing, but man, the paper towels I went through, lol. One coating I was super glad I didn't ignore, it would have been nasty with some burning tobacco. Again, took a lot of time, but paper towels are cheap and the inside is really nice, but a shame the coating was applied in the first place.

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
IMG_1675.jpg
I have 1 Randy Wiley pipe that I picked up as an unsmoked estate a couple of years ago on Ebay, It's stamped WILEY '89 Unique (I assume that was the year it was made) It' on the smallish side, (maybe size 3 ) and a beautiful
piece of natural (unstained) briar with magnificent straight grain all around, It's my favorite go to pipe for a short smoke before getting on with my day

Ever since I got this beauty I have been looking for another Wiley unique on Ebay, smoking Pipes and other sites but I have yet to see another one so perhaps that is what it is

Warlee

Might Stick Around
Apr 13, 2022
Michigan
Great looking pipes. I have been eyeballing those and having a hard time not buying one. I have two Randy Wiley’s and they are my favorite smokers.