PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I ordered a tin from Smokingpipes.com and I just finished my first bowl in a Savinelli 320. At first light, my first thought was quite simply..."Yum!" I was able to detect the smokiness of the latakia, right along with the sweetness of the virginias and the cavendish. Now, I'm saying I could detect the latakia, but it wasn't latakia heavy. I'm not sure if I could get a good handle on the orientals or not... perhaps adding a tangy spiciness... they did seem to play in the background a bit. The smoke off the bowl found it's way to my nose, adding to my enjoyment what seems to be quite a pleasing room note, adding to the sweetness I could detect on my tongue. I believe the Irish aromatic added to the blend does more for the room note than taste. It did get a bit bitey for me, but not terribly so. I had been drinking some juice with pineapple in it, which may have contributed to that. I didn't detect much of a nicotine presence. If anything, there was enough there to help me feel relaxed. Which is fine. Sometimes I want a greater nicotine hit, sometimes I don't.
All in all, it was an enjoyable smoke, with enough going on between the separate components to keep it interesting with flavor I could detect from each (I will try to get a better handle on the orientals next smoke). The room note seemed pleasant... to me anyway. I would easily consider this an all day blend, and I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to take their first steps into blends containing latakia, as the latakia wasn't overwhelming the other components. It's a great blend, and I'm looking forward to my next bowl.

Reactions: Kozeman
Status
Not open for further replies.