PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Yep, this is a good site. About the only thing they don't tell you is how to avoid dropping embers on your shirt and burning holes in them.
Once you have smoked for awhile you will just automatically drop the embers into your lap, drop the pipe, leap up and knock shit over and trip over the dog whilst swearing a blue streak. That’s how everyone will know you’re an experienced pipe smoker. ?

Things come easy for some, and for others...
Flip Funny GIF - Flip Funny Fail - Discover & Share GIFs

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
pipe smoking it isn't hard to do right, just highly counter intuitive at first. The first time you pack your pipe perfectly or close enough to perfectly you'll feel like it's wrong. The first time you get the cadence as good as you need to for the full experience you'll feel like the sucker is going to go out. And heck even if you got most of that stuff down good before joining here I am sure you'll end up buying and really enjoy a blend you'd have never thought to (looking at you mixture 79).

Reactions: kurtbob and Laurent

Red Leader

Might Stick Around
Feb 12, 2022
Colorado
Yep, this is a good site. About the only thing they don't tell you is how to avoid dropping embers on your shirt and burning holes in them.

Shoot, yes. I was smoking my KW Saxon mini bent in the truck headed to class the other day and reached by hand up across my face to adjust something for some reason (can't remember). Pipe is out of eyesight hanging that low, so my hand ran into it and knocked it straight into my lap upside down! Good thing I was smoking a goopy aromatic so everything stayed in place.:LOL:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Pipe smoking is a lost art. People who grew up around a pipe smoker are becoming fewer and fewer. I learned to smoke a pipe from my father years before I ever bought one. By then, the ritual was so imprinted, it was like I had been trained in it. I admire people who have the initiative to pick it up on their own, with a little help from their friends. Forums has more available knowhow than any source I know.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Guys who spill their pipe and ashes all over their lap are like guys who ride motorcycles. There are only two kinds of each, those who have taken a spill and those who are going to.... puffy
Every time the dogs need water in their bowl, I bend over to fill it up with a pipe in my face…….damn, sorry dogs just dumped ashes in your bowl. They don’t seem to care though

Reactions: kcghost